4 mg zofran tablet is used alone or with other medications to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer drug treatment (chemotherapy) and radiation therapy.
zofran is an antiemetic medication available in zofran 4 mg dose and zofran 8 mg . It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (serotonin) in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during anti-cancer treatment (chemotherapy) or after surgery.
structure formula of zofran :
How to use zofran 4 mg tablet ?
- To prevent nausea and vomiting from radiation treatment, take zofran 4 mg tablet medication by mouth with glass of water .
- At Early stage of your treatment doctor will recommend you to take zofran 4 mg dose . gradually it will increase to 8 mg if you needed .
- zofran 4mg tablet may be taken up to 3 times a day for 1 to 2 days after your chemotherapy or radiation treatment is finished. If you are taking this medication on a prescribed schedule, take it regularly in order to get the most benefit from it.
- Do not chew or swallow the film whole.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after using this medicine, take the same amount of medicine again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
Note that : It is not known if Zofran is safe and effective in children younger than 1 months of age.
Zofran 4mg dosage forms :
Bottle Of Oral Solution
Orally Disintegrating Tab
- 4mg ,
side effects of 4 mg zofran :
- loss of coordination, and
- fast or pounding heartbeats,
- yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- blurred vision,
- temporary vision loss,
- Itchy skin
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Problems urinating
- Low oxygen in blood