What is Venlafaxin xr used for ?
Venlafaxine xr is an anti depressed medicine . It may improve your mood and energy level, and may help restore your interest in daily living. Venlafaxine is known as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). It works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances (serotonin and norepinephrine) in the brain.
This medicine is available only with your doctor’s prescription.
United States Brand Name
Availble Venlafaxin dose :
available dose are :
- Venlor xr 75
- Venlor xr 37.5
- Venlor xr 150
How to use Venlaflexin ?
- This product is available in Tablet extended Release , Capsules Extended release
- Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually 2 to 3 times daily with food.
- The extended-release capsule is usually taken once daily in the morning or evening with food.
- Take venlafaxine at around the same time(s) every day.
- Venlafaxine xr dosage available Based on your Medical condition and response to treatment .
- Keep taking this medication even if you feel well. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor.
sawallow the extended-release capsule whole; do not split, chew, or crush it, or place it in water. If you cannot swallow the extended-release capsule, you may carefully open the capsule and sprinkle the entire contents on a spoonful of applesauce. Swallow (without chewing) this mixture immediately after preparation and then drink a glass of water to make sure that you have swallowed all of the medication.
What are Venlafaxine xr side effects ?
- stomach pain
- dry mouth
- change in ability to taste food
- loss of appetite
- weight loss
- uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
- pain, burning, numbness, or tingling in part of the body
- hot flashes or flushing
- frequent urination
- difficulty urinating
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- chest pain
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- small purple spots on the skin
- fever, sweating, confusion, fast or irregular heartbeat, severe muscle stiffness or twitching, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- problems with coordination
- hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- coma (loss of consciousness for a period of time)
If you experience a serious side effect immediately call you doctor .
safety & precautions
- Don’t use this medicine if you have high blood pressure and any allergic issues .
- dont use venlaflexin with alcohol because This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy or blur your vision.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, especially if you are in the last few months of your pregnancy .
- Dont overdose this medicine it may cause serious side effects
- stay away from children .
What if missed dose ?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are taking the extended-release capsules, do not take more than one dose per day.
How much Venlafaxine can you take ?
Consult your doctor before taking any medicine . Doctor will guide you How much dose you should take .