How to use Levetiracetam 500 mg Tablet ?
Always ask your doctor before taking Levetiracetam . Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually twice a day. Carefully remove the tablet(s) from the foil packet as directed by the product package.
Do not push the tablet(s) through the foil. Dry your hands before handling the medication. Place each dose on the tongue and take a sip of liquid.
Allow the medication to completely dissolve before swallowing it. Do not swallow the tablet whole.
You can also take this tablet by placing tablet in small amount of liquid (1 tablespoon/15 milliliters). Swirl the mixture gently, then drink all of the mixture right away.
- Levetiracetam 250 mg
- Levetiracetam 500 mg
- Levetiracetam 750 mg
Dosages of this tablets are totally different and depends on age , gender and medical condition and response to treatment.
The dosage in children is also based on weight. To reduce your risk of side effects (such as dizziness and drowsiness), your doctor may direct you to start this medication at a low dose and gradually increase your dose. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. It leads to become Your seizures worse when the drug is suddenly stopped. Your dose should be gradually decreased.
side effects of Levetiracetam
– Stuffy nose
– Runny nose
– Trouble sleeping
– Abdominal pain
– Sore throat
– Lack of appetite
– Flu-like symptoms
Remember that this medication has been prescribed because your doctor has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Levetiracetam can commonly cause a rash that is usually not serious. However, you may not be able to tell it apart from a rare rash that could be a sign of a severe reaction. Tell your doctor right away if you develop any rash.
– Don’t use this Medication if you any kidney disease (such as dialysis treatment), mental/mood disorders (such as depression).
– This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy, especially during the first month of treatment. Dont take this medication with alcohol .
– Do not drive, use machinery, ride a bicycle, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely. Limit alcoholic beverages. Talk to your doctor if you are using marijuana (cannabis).
– If you done with any surgery tell your doctor before taking this medicine
– Stay away from children’s
– During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
– This medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
There are no reviews yet.