Generic Lasix is used to treat fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome.
It is used to treat high blood pressure in adults. It’s also used to treat edema in adults and some children, which is swelling caused by fluid buildup in your body.
Generic lasix ( Furosemide ) is a loop diuretic (water pill) that makes you urinate more. It works in the kidneys to get rid of extra water and electrolytes (like sodium and potassium), which helps with swelling and lowers blood pressure.
Furosemide may be used as part of a combination therapy to treat high blood pressure. This means you may need to take it with other medications.
How should I take Generic Lasix?
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, with or without food, usually once or twice daily.
- It is best to avoid taking this medication within 4 hours of your bedtime to prevent having to get up to urinate.
- Lasix will make you urinate more often and you may get dehydrated easily. so try to use enough salt and potassium in your diet.
- While using Lasix, you may need frequent blood tests.
- Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well.
- If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using Lasix.
Generic Names for lasix :
There are multiple products which comes with Generic of Lasix and Active ingredient ( Furosemide ) . Frusenex 100 mg is one of them .
What happens if I miss a dose?
Generic lasix is sometimes used only once, so you may not be on a dosing schedule. If you are using the medication regularly, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
side Effects of Lasix
he more common side effects that can occur with furosemide include:
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach cramping
- feeling like you or the room is spinning (vertigo)
- blurred vision
- itching or rash
- increased urination