(sil DEN a fil)
What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
• It is used to treat high blood pressure in the lungs.
• It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
• Muscle pain
• Stuffy nose
• Runny nose
• Back pain
• Trouble sleeping
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• Severe cerebrovascular disease like change in strength on one side is greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or vision changes.
• Chest pain
• Fast heartbeat
• Abnormal heartbeat
• Passing out
• Severe headache
• Severe nausea
• Vision changes
• Trouble hearing
• Noise or ringing in the ears
• Difficulty breathing
• Swelling of arms or legs
• Erection that lasts more than 4 hours
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Medication Safety Issues
Revatio may be confused with ReVia, Revonto
Sildenafil may be confused with silodosin, tadalafil, vardenafil
Viagra may be confused with Allegra, Vaniqa
Tablets/injection: Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions are permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
Oral suspension: Store unreconstituted powder below 30°C (86°F); protect from moisture.
Store reconstituted oral suspension below 30°C (86°F) or at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Do not freeze. Discard unused Revatio oral suspension after 60 days.
Based upon normal doses for either indication or route. (Adverse effects such as flushing, diarrhea, myalgia, and visual disturbances may be increased with adult doses >100 mg/24 hours.)
Central nervous system: Dizziness, headache, insomnia, paresthesia
Dermatologic: Erythema, skin rash
Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, dyspepsia, gastritis, nausea
Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection
Hepatic: Increased liver enzymes
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Back pain, myalgia
Ophthalmic: Visual disturbance (including vision color changes, blurred vision, and photophobia)
Respiratory: Epistaxis, exacerbation of dyspnea, nasal congestion, rhinitis, sinusitis
There are no reviews yet.