What is Careprost ?
Careprost eye drops contains Bimatoprost which belongs to a group of medicines known as prostamides. it is used to treat raised /increased pressure in the eye. It may lead to an illness called glaucoma. careprost eye drops is an anti-glaucoma preparation, used to reduce high pressure in the eye. Some people may also use this medication to thicken and lengthen eyelashes.
How to use careprost eye drops ?
We always recommend you to take advise of your doctor while using this drops. This medicine should only be applied to the eye. It is normally instilled in the affected eye(s) once a day at night.
The recommended dose is one drop in the evening, once daily in each eye. always Wash your hands before the application of drops into the eyes. To apply the eye drops, tilt the head back slightly and pull down on the lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
then squeeze the drops into the eyes. Close your eyes for a while do not blink or open your eyes in between -otherwise, the liquid may drain from the eyes.
Careprost eye drops side effects
- Longer eyelashes, slight redness and itchiness in eye
- Allergic reaction
- Dry, burning eyes
- Eye pain, tearing or irritation
- sensitivity to light
- dry eyes
- Change in color of the iris
- Eye discomfort
Contact a doctor immediately should side effects persist or encounter more severe side effects such as:
- pink eye
- Swelling of the eyelid
- Discharge from the eye
- Vision changes
- Visual disturbance
- Ocular pain
- Conjunctival edema
- LFT’s increased
- Superficial punctate keratitis
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Macular edema
How to Manage side effects
Rinse your eyes with preservative-free saline water or apply a cold, wet washcloth.Don’t rub your eyes often.
Feeling sick (nausea) or indigestion:
Stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy foods.
Drowsiness or dizziness:
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Note : call your doctor if you having any serious issues .
- Keep this medication out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at temperature, not 25 degree-centigrade. Do not freeze.
- Do not adjust your dosage without the approval of your health care provider.
- Do not use the Careprost eye drops beyond its expiry.
- dont use if seal is broken .
- Use the drops within 1 month after opening the container.
- Do not touch the tip of the container after opening, as it may contaminate and cause you itching or allergy after instilling drops into the eyes.
- always be careful while buying medication online . try to buy carprost eye drops from trusted sites like Medsloop .
Can I use other eye drops along with CAREPROST?
You should inform your doctor if you are using any other medicine too as it may interfere with this medicine.
How long do I need to use Careprost eye drops before I see improvement in my condition?
this medication longer than it was prescribed, can cause an inadequate effect on the patient’s condition. Thus it is advised to use, till the time directed by your doctor .
How does Bimatoprost work ?
Bimatoprost lowers pressure in the eye. Bimatoprost helps hair growth.
can we use careprost eye drops for hair ?
No we cannot use careprosy eye drops for hair .
What do I do if I miss a dose ?
Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it. – If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. – Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Are there any food restrictions ?
Is it safe to use?
Yes, it is.
How long it will take when I order ?
it will take approx. 10 to 15 days.
can I stop taking careprost eye drops If I feel better ?
Do not stop taking careprost eye drops without taking to your doctor .