CAVERTA 50 MG contains Sildenafil which belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors . Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection long enough to perform sexual intercourse .
Penile erection during sexual stimulation is caused by increased penile blood flow resulting from the relaxation of penile arteries and corpus cavernosal smooth muscle.
This response is mediated by the release of nitric oxide (NO) from nerve terminals and endothelial cells, which stimulates the synthesis of cGMP in smooth muscle cells. Cyclic GMP causes smooth muscle relaxation and increased blood flow into the corpus cavernosum. The inhibition of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) by sildenafil enhances erectile function by increasing the amount of cGMP.
What is Caverta 50 mg used for?
• It is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
• It is used to treat high blood pressure in the lungs.
• It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
caverta 50 mg how to use ?
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has directed you. Swallow medicine whole with a glass of water. Do not take more than once a day.
Caverta dosages :
- caverta 50 mg
- caverta 100 mg
caverta 50 mg side effects
• Muscle pain
• Stuffy nose
• Runny nose
• Back pain
• Trouble sleeping
Other side effects of Caverta 50 mg (sildenafil 50 mg tablet ) : Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• Severe cerebrovascular disease like change in strength on one side is greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or vision changes.
• Chest pain
• Fast heartbeat
• Abnormal heartbeat
• Passing out
• Severe headache
• Severe nausea
• Vision changes
• Trouble hearing
• Noise or ringing in the ears
• Difficulty breathing
• Swelling of arms or legs
• Erection that lasts more than 4 hours
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Medication Safety Issues
Revatio may be confused with ReVia, Revonto
Sildenafil may be confused with silodosin, tadalafil, vardenafil
Viagra may be confused with Allegra, Vaniqa
Tablets/injection: Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions are permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
Oral suspension: Store unreconstituted powder below 30°C (86°F); protect from moisture. Store reconstituted oral suspension below 30°C (86°F) or at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Do not freeze. Discard unused Revatio oral suspension after 60 days.
Based upon normal doses for either indication or route. (Adverse effects such as flushing, diarrhea, myalgia, and visual disturbances may be increased with adult doses >100 mg/24 hours.)
Central nervous system: Dizziness, headache, insomnia, paresthesia
Dermatologic: Erythema, skin rash
Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, dyspepsia, gastritis, nausea
Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection
Hepatic: Increased liver enzymes
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Back pain, myalgia
Ophthalmic: Visual disturbance (including vision color changes, blurred vision, and photophobia)
Respiratory: Epistaxis, exacerbation of dyspnea, nasal congestion, rhinitis, sinusitis
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
- Do not use caverta 50 mg while driving .
- Drinking alcohol can impair your ability to get an erection. Do not drink excessive amounts of alcohol while taking this medicine.
- patients who suffering from active kidney diseases avoid using these pills Consult your doctor for advice.
- Do not take if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Sildenafil or any other ingredients in this medicine.
- CAVERTA is not recommended in patients with severe heart disease. Consult your doctor for advice.